The Stanley Parable Demo and Release Date!

October 10, 2013

It's finally here!
The Stanley Parable will launch on October 17!!

(holy crap am I reading that correctly?)

So here's what it means: Today we have launched a demo for the Stanley Parable. The demo is a completely spoiler-free experience meant simply to help you understand the style and tone of the full game without giving away any of its secrets. It is free and you can play it right this minute on the game's official Steam store page. WE HOPE YOU LOVE IT! <3

It's the beginning of the end. In one week, this crazy adventure comes to a close. For now let's enjoy a nice, simple demo and reflect on what, if anything, it all means. THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL OF YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

The final door awaits...

73 Responses to “The Stanley Parable Demo and Release Date!”

1. omgisthisreal says:

I’m looking so much forward to this. So much anticipate, so wow.

2. jacob says:

im at school, cant wait to get home and play this!

3. omgisthisreal says:

I just played the demo. I have no words, that was such a beautiful story. There are tears in my eyes, I’ll have to thank Raphael.

4. Blind Sniper says:

My opinion of the Stanley Parable Demonstration can be summed up as eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight eight.

5. Mariobro says:

Holy shit.
    DAVEY I LOVE YOU SO MUCH
    gosh darn character limits

6. A Demo Tester says:

Is the demo supposed to crash in the room with the signs that say that I finished to demo? Seems to cut the Narrator off mid-sentence.

7. SomeDude says:

Dear god I must have more.
    I must know how much it will cost.
    I need to start saving now.
    I need to know.

8. anotherdude says:

looks amazing, good work with the demo!

now your players will have super high expectations, GL

9. Mr Super Happy Fun Time Dream Land says:

Eight out of eight out of eight.

Best demonstration I have ever played, if the level of quality is even matching that found in this demo, than this is possibly the greatest game that perfectly relates to me and the kinds of games I wish I could make in the future

10. The Number Eight says:

Did you like poking my eye out? Yeah, that’s right, every time you pressed the button that said eight, you poked my eye out over and over and over. It was so painful, and I couldn’t do anything other than to keep saying eight. Why did you feel torturing me was justified? And how did I just type this when I can’t see anything?

11. Radical Edward says:

Can 8 get a spin off? Maybe? Please? Hopefully maybe please?

12. Waiting Dave says:

I’m still in the waiting room. Just waiting and waiting.

13. mr llama says:

been watching this game for over a year the demo was amazing! (888888888888)
    makes me want to really try and get some of the cool ideas out of my head :)

14. Jonah McIntosh says:

In preparation for the launch of the game, I’ve been selling Steam Trading Cards. I have 21.78 so far in steam bucks, and I hope to purchase The Stanley Parable with said credit, as I thought it would be most appropriate to buy a game about gaming, with monies obtained by playing games.

15. Raphael says:

Davey,
    This is the best demo I have ever played. You are a genius. I hope you make a million dollars and you are happy.
    I am on fire.

16. Ange Mucyo says:

Are there any plans to support other OSs other than Windows (Linux in my case). Would be nice, no?

17. Wiktor says:

Yeah, it’d be nice if the demo went any further than the loading screen for me ._.

18. HiccupMaster says:

Well I hope the full ver is exactly EIGHT times better than the demo!

19. LoLDog says:

I found a new secret! When you’re in the Isolation Chamber and the Narrator is taking you on flashbacks, in the flashback to the demo construction facility, you can go through the wall in the Wall Technology area!

20. Engloutie says:

The anticipation of the full game is untenable.

The secret dance party was amazing!

21. Ben says:

The Stanley Parable will come out on my birthday. It is a sign.

22. a gr8t guy says:

I do hope in the final game the narrator says eight instead of great at some point…

23. gsynuh says:

Brilliant.

24. christian says:

hey just tryed toinstal this on a friends computer for him to try
    whe it started there was no menu thus we could not start the game?
    any ideas?

25. Mickey says:

I just played the demo, and words cannot describe the logic I needed to process the emotions I had for the demo that I played about the parable of some incredibly logical and emotional Renaissance artist named Raphael.

26. KaBewm says:

I…
    I did it.
    I found the 8 [SECRETS!!!]
    I activated them and found the truth! I see the truth now more clearly than ever!
    I can see the signs! O, the beautiful signs!
    The secrets are so amazing!
    I punched in the 9 keys of easter egg, and lo and behold a face! A beautiful face!
    I found the truth, I loved it!
    (and yes, two lines ago does exist and contains a clue)

27. stefan says:

I can’t find the down load for Stanley Parable Demonstration!!!!
    Where is it??????

28. Aaron says:

I heard voices throughout the entire game, however i thought it was the narrator. I started getting scared when I noticed my sound was off…

Help me

I think my computer knows something I don’t.

29. jacob says:

I think he will launch the game with next weeks humble bundle

30. Martin says:

I’d just like to declare my undying love for you guys. So… yeah. Keep doing what you’re doing, and thank you for what I consider to be the greatest game of all time.

31. Poster says:

Please add support for Oculus Rift! Demo was amazing.

32. Rick says:

I really love this game and cant wait to buy it over 2 days! Keep up the good work!

33. christian says:

so i found the hidden area in the emotion booths
    are there any others?

34. jacob says:

still think that he will launch this with the humblebundle

35. Strifer says:

Why can’t you actually preorder the game? I really wanted to drop my money on this right after the demo. It’s going to be a non-issue in a few days, but I just WANT IT SO BAD.

36. Robotic says:

Yes! I loved the Mod and look forward to the game :)
    Unfortunately the Demo doesn’t work on Mac :(
    I hope both will be ported?! (Demo and Full-Game)

37. SeekerPsycho says:

The only game I’ve played that has gotten me to declare: “Are… are you taking the piss right now? Hell, was there a point where you weren’t?” I love it, in some weird “I’ve got a pie in my face but I’m laughing anyway” type way.

So many times I have gone “oh I should have seen this coming, I really should,” but I have never managed to. And this is only behind the scenes of the DEMO. Bravo sir, bravo. I shall be buying the game with much gusto.

38. Holy carp says:

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITS HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE!!!!!!!!

39. Samthedamned says:

sorry thought that was the name of the title

40. jacob says:

1 HOUR _

41. Strifer says:

Fun game! Enjoyed every minute of it!

42. Herr Opfer says:

I have a problem and it really pisses me off. When I get the game and lauched it loading screen appeared (Galactic Cafe), but then it crashed with no error or something. Tried to check files, but everything alright. Please help me, what to do?

43. Deci says:

There’s something wrong with my controls. When I start a new game, it seems forward and strafe left are stuck. The character keeps walking straight-left no matter what I do. Tried bashing keys, reinstalling game, trying compatibility modes, rebooting computer, updating drivers, the usual huff. Still stuck with a character that keeps moving forward-left all the time. Running Windows 7 64bit.

Really annoying, can’t play the game like this :/

44. Another guy says:

I love that the desktop icon is Mr. foot!

45. Christian says:

Hey guys,
    just wanted to say THANK you. I just played the demo,and it was AWESOME.
    Iam playing games for 20 years now,but this demo was by far the most funny demo i’ve ever played. Iam going to buy this one for sure! And my friends. And all the friends of my friends. and….

Epic :)

46. Another guy says:

Also, i like how you made teh second narrator ending the “official” ending. It was always my favourite.

47. Guido Jacobs says:

I would love an actual eight button, similar to the Staples’ easy button. I just push it and it says eight. I’d buy it, Galactic Cafe.

48. IronFox says:

Just tried the demo. I really liked the demo. Up until the point where I was in the garage again and was supposed to walk back. There was a black room. My immediate reaction was to back away again. So I was back in the garage, the door closed right before me, and there was no way out. In the menu there is a restart button but it doesn’t seem to do anything. No game saves. And, as funny as the demo may be, running through it twice is … uncomfortable.
    In a normal game I would have immediately assumed that this was a bug, but in a demo that intents to appear buggy, it’s somewhat different. And kind of ironic. Really really ironic.
    Then I realized there is no bug reporting or customer support.
    And now I’m somewhat less motivated to actually buy the game. I may yet, but I don’t think I’m bored enough just yet.

49. Andrey says:

I play the Russian version. When I go to the blue door a second time (after jumping down from the elevator), the game crashes. If the entrance to disable subtitles, the game does not crash. Also in the settings menu in the Russian version in my 1440×900 resolution, the words on the menu are superimposed on each other. Please fix these bugs.

50. Matt says:

I kept hearing that the demo was really cool, but bought the game on steam first. It seems like once you buy the game, it won’t let you download the demo. Is the demo stuff included in the full game? Seems pretty lame that I have to miss out on some of the content because I actually purchased it… :(

51. someone mindcrash in taiwan says:

please .if there any chance to have subtitles????i am not begging for chinese version,just hope to have some title in the demo…

52. Christoper says:

Finally i quit my day job, now i earn decent money online you should
    try too, just type in google – blackhand roulette system