Content Complete Part 5!

October 4, 2013

Well here we are. The game is content complete.

This is William Pugh speaking. I'm Davey's better half (we're talking game development here).
It's been a long road (much longer than anybody on the team expected) and now we've finally here at the end.

As you all know we've kept pretty much everything about the game a complete secret, we've intentionally maintained complete radio silence when it comes to what we're working on and what we've been doing so that all of you may go into this and have a unique and unspoiled experience.

And all of that is about to pay off.

We're now very close to release and you'll be hearing a lot from us very soon about what's going to be happening leading up to the game's launch.
Everybody's put an awful lot of love into this game and we can't wait to set it free into the wild like a caged bird that has adapted to life in captivity and then quickly perishes when confronted with the dangers of the outside world.

I hope you're all ready for a video game!!

54 Responses to “Content Complete Part 5!”

1. ShaunJS says:

I have never been more ready for anything ever. Except that time where I was more ready for that thing than I am for this thing.

2. Paul says:

Good work you guys! I can’t wait for the release date!

3. Tiff says:

I never had more faith in a game release before. Davey, William, everyone– I am so hyped for this.

4. Fish says:

Glorious glorious glorious glorious glorious glorious glorious glorious glorious glorious glorious glorious glorious glorious glorious glorious glorious glorious glorious.

5. Mikey says:

I’m so glad guys. With all this new console noise happening, I’ve still weirdly only been interested in this game. So close!

6. Chris says:

I have the most understandable boner right now.

7. Sinister says:

I am very excited about this game. I will buy it for sure.

8. Johnson says:

Just replayed the original in anticipation. Dis gunna be gooooooood

9. Mr Super Happy Fun Time Dream Land says:

~So Close~

I can sense great things to come into the near future. No doubt about it.

10. Juriglian says:

Great to hear you guys are releasing something, and excited to know it’ll be out this month!
    ohgodpleasereleasethisonthe10thorratherthe11thintheUSthatsmybirthdaybtw
    In all seriousness though, is there going to be any pre-order and/or extra available features on steam?

11. Edward says:

WHENWHENWHENWHENWHENWHENWHEN
    wwwwwwheeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnn

12. Jeffy J says:

I peed a little! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

13. Kyle L says:

The old grandmaster in that ugly looking temple told me one day that some weird game would release.And that the development train would not stop.He was right.He also threw hot tea in my face.I guess That’s a sign of respect.Anyway, Congrats on finishing your game.If it was sold in physical copies, I would be in the front of the line at midnight.Which I never do.EVER.

14. Moonstone says:

One of the few games I actually have no second thoughts on buying on release. You guys deserve it, more so than any shit I’ve seen come out of greenlight, or hell, most any AAA title.

15. Vaconcovat says:

HERE WE GO HERE WE GO HERE WE GO HERE WE GO HERE WE GO HERE WE GO HERE WE GO HERE WE GO HERE WE GO HERE WE GO HERE WE GO HERE WE GO HERE WE GO HERE WE GO HERE WE GO HERE WE GO HERE WE GO

16. Mariobro says:

SDFTFDGDYSU9IEDODADS YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

17. Wolfenpilot687 says:

Will there be shoes in the game? I love shoes!

• PessimisticFrog_41 says:

I highly doubt it. The game is called The Stanley Parable, not The Shoe Parable.

• rhoto says:

Oh my god!! Shopping Shopping Shopping!!

• Raphael says:

This game better not be designed with you in mind.
        -Raphael

• Richard says:

Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley, Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley, Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley, Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,Stanley,

• Aaron says:

Hmmm. I am not sure whether i should be worried right now, happy or any of the other emotions I may or may not be able to experience. Anyways,
            I may or may not buy this game as I have no idea if this game will deeply affect my state of will-being in the best way possible, which would most likely turn me into a vegetable.

18. Andrew says:

Any news on a price? Also, let me say that if I’m buying a caged bird… it better damn well not be a dead parrot! I’m not worried; I know I’ll be blown away by the game… or will the game will be blown away because it’s a bird that couldn’t cope with the harsh winds of the marketplace? These metaphors are turning my brain upside down.

¡„ǝʇǝןdɯoɔ ʇuǝʇuoɔ„ ƃuıǝq uo suoıʇɐןnʇɐɹƃuoɔ

19. EXCITED CONSUMER says:

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY IT’S OVER THE VAST DESOLATION IS OVER FINALYL FINALYLY DFINALYLYKFAINYL

20. Ace says:

Oh well, now I need to get some steamwallet to throw at them. Then I need some Nintendo Wallet to throw at Pokemon and some wallet to throw at Phoenix Wright.

21. SergeiPMedv says:

Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god!

22. SomeDude says:

Oh my god.
    I need this. I need it now.

23. Jack Mouse says:

Oh, Stanley… we’re about to have much fun…

24. Stanley #236 says:

Is there a set price for this game? I’m about to put 10 dollars into my Steam wallet so that I may have enough to purchase this immediately upon release. Is that enough?

25. sourcegamer101 says:

Can’t wait for this. The original mod was so much fun. I can’t wait to see what this has in store.

26. Raphael says:

So so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so excited!
    Check out my write-up for the game. It’s not that good, and doesn’t nearly express my excitement, but at least it will hopefully be a tiny bit of publicity for the game. I should probably write a follow-up that better demonstrates my excitement!!!

27. Fanley says:

I am looking forward to pushing some buttons in this videographic entertainment platform.

28. Stevie says:

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS GAME ABOUT???? FFS I DON’T UNDERSTAND!!!! will there be duckies? I like duckies. and since this game will have many ducks I too will like it.
    -Stevie aka Duck Hunter

29. Hoonster says:

MY ANUS IS READY FOR THIS GAME! WHEN IS IT COMING OUT? HOW MUCH IS IT? AND WHY DO I HAVE TO TYPE AT LEAST 40 CHARACTERS?

30. Recnar says:

Celebrate good times! COME ON!
    Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun!!

31. SomeDude says:

Oh god.
    Oh god
    oh god
    oh
    god
    we need this.

32. Strifer says:

The question now is: Will there be DLC?

But really, when will the pre-order page go up?

33. christian says:

is this coming out this month or not?
    come on give us a date!

34. Stanley #236 says:

It’s midnight on the dot, at least in the Eastern time zone. I’m waiting for my surprise…

35. jacob says:

This is a stretch i know but the humble bundle is postponed for a short time, the Stanley Parable is coming out Very soon. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo what if he plans on launching it with the next humble bundle?

36. Georgia says:

Davey! The demo download links on the Steam store page don’t do anything! They just freeze my client for a few seconds, but no download!
    kthnxbai

37. Ryan says:

HUZZAH!!! This is most excellent news. I’ve been excited for this remake for over a year now. Congrats to the both of you for getting it all finished!

38. Sanz says:

I was about to insta-buy and recommend this game to everyone I know, but thanks to GRAN PC being such a douche and a meanie, I’m not purchasing the game, since it’s not like I’d like to give that guy a single cent.

If I ever want to play the game I’ll just download it or play it on someone else’s account.

39. Columbus says:

It’s remarkable to visit this website and reading the views of all friends about this post, while I am also zealous of getting know-how.

Look into my page :: IT Managed Services; Columbus,

40. Hi to every body, it’s my first visit of this web site;
    this web site consists of remarkable and really fine material designed
    for visitors.

my website: 1; http://www.cipsy.com,

41. Ezekiel says:

I see a lot of interesting posts on your blog. You have to spend a lot of time writing,
    i know how to save you a lot of time, there is a tool that
    creates high quality, google friendly posts in couple of seconds, just
    search in google – k2 unlimited content

42. Arden says:

I read a lot of interesting posts here. Probably you spend
    a lot of time writing, i know how to save you a lot of work, there is an online tool that creates high quality, SEO friendly articles in seconds, just type in google – laranitas free content source