PAX, release dates, and other stuff!

September 8, 2013

Hey all, last weekend I traveled to Seattle to show off a little demo of Stanley Parable we've been cooking up (you were wondering why part 5 has been taking so long?) and it showed really really well! We had just one TV running the demo, and the booth was packed nearly the entire weekend. Here, let me illustrate my point using PHOTOGRAPHS!

For a little more info about the demo we showed, check out this interview I did with Twinfinite:

Okay, so what about the game itself? Well I'm finally at a point where I can tell you with full confidence that the Stanley Parable will be released in October 2013! We are mere weeks away! Still a lot to do, but man, we're almost there. Almost there. Almost there. Almost there.

Just to send this off on the right note, here are a few screenshots we recently took from the (nearly finished) game! Thank you again for all your support over this very long and challenging development!

24 Responses to “PAX, release dates, and other stuff!”

1. William says:

WHY NOT FOLLOW WILLIAM ON TWITTER @HonestWilliam

HE’LL GIVE YOU THE LOW-DOWN ON TSP BEFORE DAVEY!!!

2. Stevoisiak says:

Are there any videos of the Stanley Parable PAX demo at all? I searched as much as I could, but I couldn’t find any.

• Davey says:

Nope, we wanted the PAX demo to be exclusive to that time and place :)

But you’ll get to play a version of it soon…

• Mariobro says:

HOW MUCH SOON WILL I HAVE TO WAIT FOR A PLAYABLE THING

• rhoto says:

I must play all of the Stanley related things so that my mind will be sufficiently tangled by the nonsense tumbling through Davey’s consciousness

• Wilbur Madson says:

“We wanted the PAX demo to be exclusive”… why? :(

To attend PAX you need a bunch of spare money, a free weekend, AND to win the literal lottery that is trying to access a ticket to buy. Why did you decide that only the luckiest bastards deserve to be even more fortunate and get a peek at your game?

• Davey says:

Well I never want Stanley Parable to be an exclusive experience, but I also think there’s something to be said for an experience that lasts a single moment and is only seen by a few people, and then is gone. The way that you’ll never be able to recapture a magical night telling stories with your friends, it was meant just for that time and place. That’s a kind of experience all its own. Besides, even putting Stanley Parable on steam is exclusionary for those who can’t afford a computer, don’t have electricity/internet, etc.

Why PAX? Well the convention is very close to my heart, and the people who get to go tend to be very passionate about gaming, and I wanted to give back to that community in exchange for what it’s given me. I want to create many kinds of experiences for many people and places, PAX was just one. There will be more similar moments of many shapes and sizes to come, I promise!

3. T.W. says:

I am so hype for this, you do not even understand Davey. You do not even understand.

Even

4. Johnson says:

When can I preload this directly to my arteries? I need it. I need it hard.

5. This guy plagiarises and says:

I just came out my butthole because my penis was too busy pissing itself.

6. Stanley #236 says:

As one of the many Stanleys eager to find out the truth about the world surrounding him, I would like to know how long this new version of “The Stanley Parable” will be in comparison to the original. I’m hoping for at least three times as much content, as that means three times as much information about the meaning of existence.

• William says:

The game contains about 3 times as much content as the original, but we’ve intended much of it to be hidden, seen in different quantities by different people, so that each player’s experience is unique.

7. Aaron says:

I was fortunate enough to catch the PAX demo. The first and third times I saw it were wonderfully walked through by the attendee with the controller, but when I brought a friend over to show them, the person was trolling and just spinning around in circles and teabagging everything literally the whole time. So much so that we decided to come back, but I feel bad for anyone else that had that be the only exposure to the demo. I still almost wanted to stay just for the moment when the person demoing the game is forced to apologize to everyone for how poorly they’re doing.

8. Andrew says:

How much will we have to pay for it? I know it has been discussed before but

9. codxxsniper says:

when do u get the awp to quickscope bitches

10. Wagzy says:

:O It’s exciting to hear that the game is being released in October! The First one was amazing, not only because it was a free mod, but because of how well structured it was and how good the voice-over was! Can’t wait :)

11. raphael says:

I’m excited to see all the new emotion settings

12. Mr Super Happy Fun Time Dream Land says:

YES! Finally we get to see how close our mind is to being disassembled and reprogramed as we reassess what a game truly is!

My mind may not be ready for this, but yet I will still wait for enlightenment to come in its full glory!

Also, how was the shrimp at PAX? They had some pretty good chef’s there this year.

13. Mikel S. says:

Can’t believe I didn’t see this. I barely managed to snag a Monday ticket and scrounged together all my (and my sister’s) savings to get out there. Anyway, glad to hear about the launch! Hopefully it’s before my birthday (the 30th of October), and before my computer completely shits the bed.

14. [...] up on a successful showing at PAX Prime, indie developer Davey Wreden announced that his interactive short story The Stanley Parable will launch for Windows and Mac via Steam in [...]

15. Solomon says:

When will the Mac port come out? I freaking loved the first one, and cannot wait for this. But I don’t have a windows :(

16. Clean rag Coat Blazer Topcoat Bomber Rider Set of trousers Jeans Vests HandbagsWritten by just Martina JastinWeb Net web-site leatherfashiononline.