A new Stanley Parable Trailer appears!

September 10, 2013

Would you like a new trailer for The Stanley Parable? Well I've got one for ya right here! Youtuber Chilled Chaos sat down with us to help guide you on a little sneak peak at the game, hope you enjoy!

27 Responses to “A new Stanley Parable Trailer appears!”

1. Mariobro says:

Any exact release date? I want to know when in October it’s being released.

2. Chase Howard says:

I’m curious: what will the system requirements be? Will low-end PC’s be able to run it, like the original, or will it be more system-intensive?
    Can’t wait for it to come out!

3. rob says:

will this be released for mac from the get go? i’m so excited for this game; i’ll be really bummed out if i can’t play it.

4. Another guy says:

There is no door when you walk down the staircase? MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIEEEEE!

5. the1truesushiboy says:

I effervesce with anticipatory excitement.

6. Ace says:

Every Choice I know is a lie now! What have you done?!

7. Michael says:

As soon as the narrator spoke I just about died. I am beyond excited for the games release. Thanks for keeping up the hard work on the game, as well as writing the amazing HDS along the way.

8. Ryan says:

Been following the blog for a good year now. So excited to see it coming out next month!

9. Andrew says:

Davey, have you ever heard of a game called… Antichamber?

• Andrew says:

Of course, in no way am I implying that TSPHDR is looking much like AntiChamber (actually I am). I hope you’ve included more than mazes that change when you turn around. Aside from its noneuclidian geometry and changing mazes, it has lots of musings about life. I hope TSPHDR can differentiate itself, just as TSP did.

It is good to see the narrator back. It’s about time.

• Raphael says:

No, he’s never heard of it; he’s only roommates with the dev.

• Andrew says:

Honestly, TSPHDR isn’t much different than AntiChamber, as far as I can tell from what little has been shown. AntiChamber is a game that challenges your assumptions- it is in many ways what TSPHDR purports itself to be.

Davey, can you tell me how TSPHDR is different than AntiChamber? The more I think about it the more I expect it will be very, very similar. That’s not necessarily a bad thing… as AntiChamber mechanics would fit well with TSP… but I want to hear your opinion on AntiChamber vs. TSPHDR.

AntiChamber challenges your instincts with it’s unique level designs (noneuclidian geometry and changing levels) and gameplay mechanics (the “gun” that shoots cubes, the speed sensitive bridges, etc.).

TSP was about the narrative of a video game. It challenged your assumptions about gameplay, but didn’t necessarily offer any new mechanics. It was more about choice… whether choices matter.. whether or not we have free will in a game.

TSPHDR, from everything I’ve seen is more like AntiChamber. That’s all I can say so far after seeing the gameplay in the trailer. I know you’ve basically shown us nothing of the game… but I’d like to hear your thoughts.

10. Mr Super Happy Fun Time Dream Land says:

My Mind, Body, Soul, Left Ventricle, Children, Wife, Husband, Pet, Other pet, Parents, Grandparents, Great Grandparents, Friends, Family, and city is ready for this.

~ The fate of everything rests upon your parable. ~

11. KaBewm says:

Well, you heard the man! Let’s play this game!

12. christian says:

valves 3rd anocment will be they are working on a Stanley parable super hd and will have to wait 4 years for it.

13. Raphael says:

Will it be emotional?

Will it touch my heart?

14. christian says:

update?
    could you tell us about how many days till relese?

15. Mr Super Happy Fun Time Dream Land says:

It’s October!

Where’s my love samurai who is the ghost of a dream of a cyborg warrior trying to find his dead wife inside a poem?
    Where is the conclusion to the story which Raphael had brilliantly requested?
    Why can’t I see my feet when I look down.
    Why was that last question presented as a statement?
    When will the questions end?
    How is Stanley coping with all of this?
    When did I name myself “Super Happy Fun Time Dream Land”?
    Is Davey, William, and Raphael one and the same?
    What would happen if I suddenly “questioned nothing”?
    When can I stop putting wheel barrels in my own game?
    Who would actually reply to a crazed man, writing an endless amount of questions?
    This last sentence secretly shouldn’t end as a question?

16. Chris says: