Content Complete part 4 of 5!

July 25, 2013

Holy cow! Only six days between parts 3 and 4?? These developers are craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy! (clarification: they are crazy only insofar as they are producing a game at a rapid rate, and in all other ways are sane and normal human beings)

Okay, we're getting pretty close to the end here. But I also want to point out that part 5 is the largest of the bunch, this section is primarily focused on polish, easter eggs, and a few little goodies we're prepping for the game's launch, so it's important that we take the time to get this bit just right. We're not quite out of the forest yet, but soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!!

38 Responses to “Content Complete part 4 of 5!”

1. PembrokeWelshCorgi says:

My goodness. This is something to look forward to; or it may just be a clever ruse to instill a false sense of contentment during my daily course of activities. Either way, I certainly do feel happy about this. I suppose everything has gone according to plan.

2. blex says:

Easter eggs? So there ARE secrets in the game! WE DID IT, WILLIAM!

3. The Narrator says:

It’s true. Even as I narrate the final blood-soaked chapters of this epic, I am living exclusively on a diet of chocolate. The threat of Type 2 diabetes will not deter me. I am a driven man.

4. William says:

Yes we did blex. Yes we did…
    SECRETS 2013 DON’T STOP BELIEVING!!!

5. Mystical Entity says:

2) Everyone lives in boxes, and those boxes are comment boxes.

6. SergeiPMedv says:

Nice done, Davey. It’s really hard to read this one

7. Ace says:

My money is in bags, ready to be thrown at you. I will aim at William so that Davey can loot all the money from the corpse

8. Prophet says:

[read with a slightly deeper and smoother than usual posh british accent (I'm not posh, I just heard more voices off the bbc news (spongebob, invader zim and samurai jack) than in my life (it's a sad story (ignore everything in brackets (you don't have permission to free speech when reading the brackets))))]

It’s the summer holidays in the UK so I’ll make it my quest to write the wiki entry to the HD Remix on giantbomb.com. I’ll sneak in your writing style somewhere in there. I’ll try my best to give it justice but I’m no ghost writer.

On a side note of advertising: I hope you’ve got a perfect plan for your release trailer. You need to encompass the viewer in that sense of eternal impending doom by not giving them a voice, choice or future. Sit them down in the darkness, it’ll be absolutely terrifying.

Send it to everyone.

9. derp says:

I can’t wait for this to be an elaborate lie. There is no Stanely parable remake.

10. Reggs05 says:

Awesome, can’t wait :)
    Thankyou for all the work you’re putting into this game!

11. TarAlacrin says:

SECRETS ARE NOW CONFIRMED!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR SECRETS!! MY FAVORITE PART IS SECRETS!

12. PembrokeWelshCorgi says:

Secrets are simply non-secrets that haven’t been discovered yet. Think about it.

13. Mittens says:

Dear Mr. William and/or Davey. (Or, as I suspect, just DAVEY since WILLIAM is clearly just an offshoot of Davey’s psyche.)

If the Stanley Parable HD Remix is not the second coming of nirvana, I will be very sad and maybe possibly jump off a tall building, but no promises.
    On the other hand, the same action will be taken if it isn’t released by the end of this summer.

I’m counting on you(s).
    Mittens.

14. Mariobro says:

I have been reading this since the very beginning. This was the perfect ending. I love all of you so much.

15. Radical Edward says:

I SWEAR TO GOD IF THIS GAME ISN’T JUST A HALL WITH TWO OR THREE SECRET DOORS ALL THESE YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT WERE FOR NOTHING

16. Raphael says:

I am all out of emotion. Empty. Broken. A little hungry.

17. Isaac says:

Aw man, why does the biggest part have to be part 5? Perfection, I suppose!

18. ACSilva says:

“Easter eggs?” Isn’t the entire game an Easter egg? :D

19. Davey says:

I’m not really Davey… I just typed Davey into the name field

20. Mr Super Happy Fun Time Dream Land says:

This is going to be epic. I hope that this redone version will be just as popular or even more widespread than the original.

But yet I do have a question: what will be the expected price range of this version? The original used some HL2 assets, where as this is completely redone by William, and the HD remake seems to have more content than the original. I honestly would pay $10 for the game (even though we don’t get information about what it includes). but I still wonder if by some off-chance you guys will just release it freely without compensation for all that amazing work.

It would just be interesting to know, I would gladly pay money for this… whatever it turns out to be…

21. Nights says:

Oh hell yes! I´ve been waiting for this game forever, and now it´s only a few days away from being released! :)
    My most anticipated games would be The Stanley Parable and Super Smash Bros 4, so … yeah, this should tell you how much I want to play it. :)

I expect to play a great game, but I´m sure you managed to surpass my expectations! You always do.
    By the way, The Narrator is probably the greaaaatest voice actor of all time.

Now gogogoggo and complete your development stuff!!! :3

22. derp says:

you think this is a game? you think you can play with my expectations?

23. Gregory says:

Hey Davey and William,

Big fan of Stanley Parable and I cant wait until this game comes out; So I would just like to thank you for seeing this project through and not becoming vaporware like so many other ideas, I would like to thank you for giving the world this highly anticipated game (even if it doesn’t take notice :P ).

24. KaBewm says:

Did I hear… EASTER EGGS?
    But it’s not Easter, meaning…
    SECRETS!

25. christian says:

you should split the 5th part into 5 parts and give us updats like part 4.1 and 4.2 done.
    but ones you get to 4.4 you stop
    it can be like your thing you never relise something with a 5 in it.
    it would be really original no ones ever done that….well there is that one company.
    lol…hope to see the game soon!

• rhoto says:

you could then inform us when you’ve completed part 4.4.1, 4.4.2, etc. Davey please, I must gauge your progress using arbitrary milestones on a regular basis

26. Dipshit Pizza says:

The future is not unseen because it is viewed in the future.

27. christian says:

it took 56 days from the time that part 1 was done to the time part 4 was done. today is the 42 day sense part 4.
    in 12 days it will have taken longer to finish part 5 then all 4 parts before combined….. no pressure thogh